What are infrared inspections?
Infrared Inspections are performed to reduce your risk and improve your company’s reliability. Infrared Inspections or Thermography is a non-destructive test method used to identify “hotspots” or temperature abnormalities in your electrical system. These abnormalities are a result of failing equipment, misuse of electrical equipment, overloaded circuits poor terminations and failure to properly maintain electrical equipment.
- A site walkthrough to identify any hazards prior to the inspection, during this walkthrough pricing will be provided for the inspection and report.
- A certified Level 1/Level 2 Thermographer will perform the infrared inspection, the technician will take all safety precautions necessary for your facility. All of our technicians are outfitted with their own Arc Flash PPE.
- A final report, hand delivered and reviewed by the technician. An electronic copy in PDF format will also be supplied via email. If repairs are needed, a proposal detailing the action required for each issue will be supplied.
Why invest in an infrared inspection?
Infrared Inspections are a great first step on improving your facilities production and reliability. Inspections performed by our technicians are designed to add value by decreasing costly unplanned outages. It is well known by facility managers that an unplanned outage is more costly than a planned outage. If you could reduce the amount of emergency electrical issues in your facility would you?
How are we different from others who offer this service?
- Licensed Journeyman Electricians– All of our inspections are performed by Licensed Journeyman Electricians; our technicians have been certified as Level 1/Level 2 Thermographers and are trained to not only identify thermal abnormalities but also Visual and/or Electrical Code Violations that may result in failure.
- Sophisticated Software– We take great pride in the software we use to create the final reports for our customers. Each inspection created in the software is entered into a database, this data base is used to trend issues and/or repairs so that our technicians may become more Predictive with their findings than Preventative. The software also allows us to reference past inspections to identify if an issue is re-occurring.
- Deliver Report and Offer Repairs– All reports are hand delivered and reviewed with our customers to ensure the proper repairs are being made. If needed pricing will be provided for all repairs. The repairs are recorded in the reporting software where they are able to be “closed” for that inspection.
- Superior Safety– We ensure our technicians have been certified with the most recent NFPA 70e training and outfitted with the best Arc Flash PPE.
When should infrared inspections be performed?
Infrared inspections should be performed annually or when there is a suspected problem within the facilities electrical equipment. It is very important the building is properly loaded while the inspection is being performed. NFPA 70B is a standard that address recommended electrical equipment maintenance. This standard requires all equipment that is to be scanned should have, at minimum, a 40% load applied to it at the time of the Thermography Scan.
Where do we perform infrared inspections?
Everywhere, we service local, regional and national customers. Contact us for more details.